Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bobbers on the rainbow bridge

Yesterday was a sad day! :(
My sister had to make the painful decision of sending her beloved bunny to the rainbow bridge. The whole episode was really unexpected and sudden, but it was a selfless decision and difficult one for her too as she was not able to be there. (I'm sure Bobbers understood!) :( Hard as it was, this decision saved her bunny from going through much pain or suffering.
We had witnessed the pain small buuny went through before he went to the rainbow bridge last month, so I am glad Bobbers is spared any of that.

Although I have not met Bobbers personally as she is in Melbourne, I've heard and seen many stories and photos of the feisty but cute one.

In memory of Bobbers, I did a doodle of her, sitting on her own cloud on the rainbow bridge with her favorite piece of fleece and Mr. Carrot. :) She's probably wondering if she should visit Raisin Land or the Great Carrot Patch first.

5 comments:

Rhea said...

i alway feel so sad when animal leave us. It was a sad and painful experience who love their pet.

Amy C said...

you illustration is the sweetest tribute and its wonderfully beautiful too. I love rabbits.

Bella Sinclair said...

Ohhh. I'm so sorry. I had a dog who suddenly got sick a few years ago. He was only 8 years old, and we decided to go ahead with our travel plans for Christmas. Well, he declined pretty rapidly and was in such terrible pain that we had to have him put down while we were still away on holiday. I really wish I could have been with him to give him some comfort and to say goodbye. So I understand a little about the grief your sister may feel. :(

That is a very sweet drawing of Bobbers. I'm sure she is nibbling away happily somewhere up there.

yoon see said...

Really sad and I can relate how deep your love for Bobbers.

You have a great heart Shugar, this sweet piece is a great tribute of yours to a small little kind creature name bobbers.
Peace to bobbers in heaven:)

Happy labour day and easy stress free week ahead, so that you can enjoy some fresh air strolling around for inspiration.

May I have a request. I have not been to Esplanade before but really admire its legendary beauty.
If you have the opportunity, please share with us some of its internal & external great look.
Thanks in advance Shugar:)

Shugar said...

thanks for all your kind words. think my sister is feeling better now.

yoon see,
about esplanade... i think i may have some photos i too of it some time ago. let me look around for them. :)