Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Well again

Ah! Well in time for the Lunar New Year!
I was ill for about a week before that... :(
I hate being ill, spending the day going in and out of sleep, the headaches and chills... so miserable!
And this time round, while being ill, I got to experience how being blind was like.
Yikes you may say, but strangely, when it happened to me at that point in time, maybe being ill dulled me a bit, coz I didn't really panic. I think under normal circumstances I would have freaked out big time!
I just remember my vision clouding out by a grayish smoke and slowly went black. I thought I was going to faint, but I didn't. I just sat there holding onto my water bottle, with my eyes open, but just seeing this:

Luckily Mummy was with me. Hehe... I must have gave her a fright. I just remember saying a quick prayer in my mind that this is only going to last a while and my sight would be back to normal soon. Had a passing thought about what I would do if I could never doodle again. :(
The walk from the kitchen back to my room sure seemed longer when walking in darkness. It made me think of all the times I took my eyes for granted. You can imagine my relief when lying on my bed, the darkness began to clear and that gray haze started to clear the same way it came around. And I could finally see again. Phew! So glad I am well again... thanks to D for keeping me company at nights and especially Mummy, who braved the germs and took care of me! :)

1 comment:

TOMATO TORTOISE ANG said...

So what did the doctor says? when u relate this to him? 1st time i hear of it.. very scary.. yah we shall not take things for granted,,