Saturday, August 16, 2008

Circle Painting

Today we got to try out Circle Painting at The National Library. Led by artist, Hiep Nguyen, this is one of the workshops that he conducted in SE Asia. See the link on more info about circle art.
The event was an eye opener and it was sure a good fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon. It was very engaging and fun and probably is the first time we got to be part of such a spontaneous activity. I must say I had some reservations when I saw earlier groups going through their group activities. :P "Oh no... I am going to make a fool of myself in public!" hahahah.
But as we were put into groups of 10, I was quite fascinated to see the mix of people, different age groups from all walks of life, that I kind of forgot about being silly. We went through activities that focused on observation & leadership, which were fun and definitely a bagful of laughs. Great for de-stressing.
What excited me was the table of cups and containers, full of fabulous colors of paints waiting to be planted on the big canvases on the ground. Going by the name of circle painting, of course we were to be painting circles... hahaha. or dots, swirls or spirals...my favorites! (and I was happily picking out all my favorite colors :P)
Layer upon layer of circles and swirls in a rainbow of colors, painted by anyone and everyone who was a part of the day's activity. It felt good just looking at the canvas by the end of it. "Wow!" :P
"Art for All, All for Art"-that was the slogan for the day :) Really meaningful!

A portion where we had a hand in.

This is portion of the canvas we painted on, about half of it. It was rather huge! :)

2 comments:

Rhea said...

colour makes the mood happy.very nice and impressive work. How i wish i can hold the paint brush someday...just someday..

aimee said...

what beautiful patterns and colors! looks like it was a lot of fun, too:)