Monday, December 19, 2005

X'mas Shopping

Oh wow.... Christmas is right around the corner! Its a week away!
And the crazed yearly Christmas shopping routine is in full swing in all malls around the island!
The shops are staying open till midnight to meet the demands of the crazed, frenzied buying of presents. Little gift items and gift boxes are flying off the shelves. Everyone has to get gifts for the people in office, for gift exchange, for friends and family, etc....

I generally like the spirit of Christmas. This nice cheery holiday feel in the air.
But what I really hate is the shopping with the crowds.
I don't know if this happens to you too, but every year, I tell myself, "This year, I will shop early so I will not get caught with the last minute frantic shoppers." And looky at me, I'm still doing my Christmas shopping! Aaaa..... I was still in Orchard Road today wondering what to get for who! When will I ever learn!?

All this crazed shoppers, plus bell ringing and store pipped Christmas carols plus the brainstorming of what to get always rewards me with a nice big headache at the end of the day. And to make matters worse, I have to go through it again coz I've still got some more on my list to get for!

*Makes a mental note: Next year... next year I will shop early so I will not get caught with the last minute frantic shoppers.

No comments: