Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lethargy...

Felt real lethargic today, sitting at my desk and staring into my computer screen. And time always seems to crawl by when I am in this state. Aww geez, the days passing by at snail's pace... productivity level's probably at ground ZERO... I think the heat contributes to this feeling as well.

So anyway, took a mental time out and searched out 'Lethargy' on the web just for the fun of it... look what I found...

Psyching yourself out

"By mimicking the sympathetic reactions to a threatening environment (sitting up straight, standing, moving quickly, deeper breathing), it appears to be possible to activate the sympathetic system, which then takes over. We are ready to act, or in our case, be productive. We can also change our environment to one that causes the sympathetic system to activate, one that is more spartan, threatening, or simply uncomfortable. The result? We take action. We are more productive."

I remembered I used to stand while working. Hehe... haven't done that for sometime now. Friends thought I was weird when they dropped by the office and saw me bending over my desk, typing/clicking away. But it made me feel better. Maybe we breathe better standing up. So, see, I wasn't weird was I. At least it helped. So, I am standing up now, typing this, and gee, I feel better already!

My lethargic day... I think I feel like how my plant felt yesterday...
Oh, let me tell you about my poor plant. When I got into office yesterday after the long weekend, it looked like this: (which was how I was feeling a while ago...)



But good thing was that after some water and sunlight constantly during the day, it slowly started to look better. And by the end of the day, it looked like it was going back to its old self... though it still looks a a little shaken today.

Ok, so now that I'm feeling better already, its time to get back to work... but not before I water my plant first! And boy am I glad its gym night tonight. =)

No comments: