Monday, September 15, 2008

the big 30

Turned 30 over the weekend! (boy did it seem like those 20's passed in a flash!)Was it my imagination or did I feel a slight ache in my back?!! Hehe!:P
A big diff certainly was the number of candles on my cake compared to last year!

Oh well, what better way to celebrate being 30 than to celebrate it twice! :P


Had a little dinner party at home a day earlier on Saturday night. Also celebrated the mid autumn festival which fell on the same day. Maybe I should have had a moon cake as my birthday cake!


And a birthday lunch on the actual day with the hubby and mom at Island Cafe. It was good :) Even better was that we got a discount since it was my birthday! Heh!


got to blow out the 3 candles twice!


And of course, the best part about birthdays are the presents! (Stuff to make you feel better turning a year older :P)

A jimmyspa wallet and a houndstooth print vintage bag from the hubby!

A key pouch from mama! (high time for a new one)

Softies Kit from my sister! (yay!:D)

More craft books..these are by aranzi aronzo and a set of markers (more doodling!)from Sharon, Evelyn & Justin.

Thanks to everyone for all the gifts and well wishes!

3 comments:

デイドリーマー said...

hey shugar! nice kitty clique this week! thanks for leaving a comment on my blog again <3 i see you just turned 30, it's a good age i think ;) i will be joining you in 3 months time. heh. i've got the two aranzi aronzo books too! tried making a little rabbit and it turned out wonky, but cute nonetheless. stay creative in the sunny island of singapore! i do miss it once in a while :)
rebekah

Shugar said...

ooh heh! welcome to the club! :)
I just made a cat from the book too... but i modified it a little. Will post a pic of it soon.
I saw from your blog, are you are living japan now?

デイドリーマー said...

it's cute! you should make more :D i made the rabbit on the cover of the bigger yellow book. had to cut up an old white t-shirt for it. hahaa. yupp, i have been here for 3years on a programme called JET, not in tokyo though, but somewhere a little ulu, 'teaching' english at a high school. :)